The district is divided into two: Canfranc Village and Canfranc Station.
Canfranc Pueblo (Village)
This is the original village. In 1944 it suffered a terrible fire that destroyed most of the houses, reason for which the inhabitants moved to the new neighbourhood.
The Romanesque bridge of the pilgrims.
The parochial church of the Assumption is from the 16th century and has four baroque altarpieces.
The monumental group of the Trinity founded in the 16th century by Don Blasco de Les to see to the poor and the pilgrims.
Festivities: The 15th of August
Canfranc Estación (Station)
It is the capital of the district. It was created on constructing the International Railway Station, an impressive modernist building with a certain French air to it and spectacular slate covering, declared a monument of artistic and historic interest by the Government of Aragón.
The Tower of the Fusiliers, located in a narrow mountain pass to the left of the road is a small fortification from the end of the 19th century. It was created to defend the border. Today it houses the Permanent Centre of Information on the work on the Somport Tunnel with a didactic display about the impressive work of engineering.
The Coll de Ladrones fort built between the 17th and 19th centuries is located at the entrance to the Canal de Izason on a black rocky crag. On the inside there are 365 steps that lead to a secret escape gallery. The fort which is built on a big rock can be seen from Canfranc and has important climbing routes.
The remains of the castle, of medieval origin and extended in the 16th century, are preserved on a rock.
The façade of the Aznar Palacín tower from the 14th century conserves half of a medieval tower of enormous interest. It is probably the fortified tower that Pedro III authorised Aznar Palacín to finish in 1341. This coincides with the artistic elements that the tower preserves, especially its pointed arch on the west façade.
The Carretón de Ip. In the 60's the hydroelectric power station of Ip was built. The waters of the Ibón de Ip, at an altitude of 2200 metres were dammed and were conveyed via pipes to the station installed at Canfranc. By means of pulley systems and two carts that crossed the dizzying route, overcoming an irregularity of 1,000 metres, the workers headed to the circle of Ip everyday. The beauty of the landscape and taking advantage of abandoned installations has encouraged the area to recover this infrastructure.
One can practise a number of sports in the area both in winter in the nearby ski stations of Candanchú, Astún and Somport, and in summer: trekking, mountaineering, walking
The long walking route passes through the village; GR 65.3 The road to Santiago and the GR 11 The Pyrinean Way
Festivities: 18th of July
Oficina de Turismo Tel.: 974 37 31 41