It includes the districts of Cantavieja, Casas de San Juan, Solana, Umbría and Vega.
It is 100 kilometres from Teruel. Take the road to Morella and the CV-119 turn off from Forcall or the CV-125 from Cinctorres. It is also possible to take the A-1702 from Ejulve or the A-226 from Mirambel.
The economy is mainly based on agriculture and livestock farming, in particular the production of hams which have the Jamón de Teruel guarantee of quality and origin. Tourism is also booming. Moreover, the town produces salt hung beef, cured pork loin and the delicious Maestrazgo confectionery which all have a special guarantee of quality.
The town was declared of special historical-artistic interest in 1981.
The 17th century baroque style parish church is dedicated to the Assumption. The church of San Miguel is gothic and has a gothic tomb inside. There are hermitages dedicated to San Blas, Loreto and San Antonio.
There is an old hospital dedicated to San Roque.
The town hall has medieval origins, as do the houses called Bayle, Mas Fortificado and Novales.
There is a ruined castle which is known as El Calvario.
The GR 8 Puertos de Beceite-Maestrazgo-Gúdar-Javalambre walking route passes through this town.
Festivities: San Lamberto is celebrated on 17th June and San Cristóbal on 10th July. Festivities in honour of the patron saint, la Virgen del Loreto, are held from 22nd to 26th August.
There is a traditional fair on the third Sunday in September.